Recreation Scholarship Program
DSA’s Recreation Scholarship Program provides financial assistance to individuals with Down syndrome to participate in recreational activities. These activities may include, but are not limited to; organized sports, summer camps, exercise classes, gymnastics, karate, swim, and dance lessons. It may NOT be used for therapy services, daycare, family vacations, or memberships to local museums or public attractions.
- Monies will be sent directly to the program (invoice required) or reimbursed with a paid receipt. Applications submitted without the receipt of payment will be considered incomplete and will not be processed.
Any individual with Down syndrome registered as a member of Down Syndrome Alliance of the Midlands.
Please fill out the Recreation Scholarship Application, and include an invoice or paid receipt, within 30 days of completion of the program and mail to the address below or send via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Down Syndrome Alliance of the Midlands
10824 Old Mill Road Suite 8
Omaha, NE 68154
*Applications submitted without the receipt of payment will be considered incomplete and will not be processed.
The maximum amount awarded per individual per fiscal year is $250. DSA’s fiscal year begins January 1 and ends on December 31. The program is based on a first come, first serve basis.
Once an application is approved, you will receive a check via USPS. If the application is denied, a brief explanation will be included in the written notification.
Requests will be denied for the following reasons:
- Requestor has already been awarded the annual maximum of $250
- Application received without receipt of payment
- More than 30 days have lapsed since the completion of the program
- Event is not classified as a recreational activity
- Activity is a prescribed therapy session
- Recreation Scholarship funds have been exhausted for the current fiscal year
Please contact DSA at (531) 375-5791 if you have questions.